1. No littering on the course. What you bring in, take out with you. If you are caught you will get an infraction ranging from a 15 minute time penalty to disqualification. Or if you really litter we will cover your body with honey and drop you off naked in the middle of the park. We believe in Leave No Trace racing.
2. Each runner must complete the entire course under her/his own power. No physical or mechanical aids are allowed including ski poles or walking sticks. “Muling” by pacers or crew is not allowed. No pacers allowed. No pets as pacers or as company.
3. We will take care of the medical team and ambulance, remember to take care of yourself. if you hurt yourself badly, stay in one place we will find you quicker and you get out. This race is at the start of the running season, don’t be a hero. Twists and such happen. Let our EMS on mountain bikes help you out.
4. Have fun and smile. Being serious and frowning wastes too much energy.
5. Thank the volunteers. They are working as hard as you are and cheering (okay maybe taunting) you on. Bowing to the volunteers and kissing their feet is permitted.
6. All competitors must carry at a minimum a 600ml water bottle throughout the course. Those without proper hydration will be disqualified as this is a safety issue. We hate our ambulances to be busy when they don’t have to.
7. Runners 16 and under can only run the 25km. We value your growing body even if you don’t.
8. Be sure to take only what you need at aide stations so that we have enough food to support our 50 miler & 100 km runners. These runners will be out on course for up to 14 hours. Bison smokies and Dilly bars await you at the finish.
9. Headphone are allowed, but we would prefer one ear bud & low volume. Remember you are in a wilderness area and need to be aware of your surroundings at all times.
10. Runners may drop down in distance from 100 km or 50 miler to as low as 50 km. There are no drops to the 25 km distance. For example, a 50 miler runner can drop to 50 km but cannot drop to the 25 km distance.
11. We understand that injuries happen. If you get injured, please email us with your story and a photo of your injury. Keep the photo G rated. We do not issue refunds, but will happily provide roll overs to the following year. Rollovers can only be requested till May 15, 2019.